Friday, November 12, 2010

1st day of my own locs

So today was the day we took out the extension...process took 7hrs, which included a deep condition and maintenance. My head feels a whole lot lighter.

So what’s this extension process???
1st she braided my hair in a loc pattern.
2nd my each braid was wrapped with kinky hair pattern.
Result I established a loc look instantly.
Continued after installation process as my hair grew out my new growth was twisted until it locked, grew out and my own locs formed.
3rd after your own hair gets to a desired length the extensions are removed
4th we had to twist the hair that was in the braid so that it can achieve the consistent loc look
Final Result...locked hair without extensions.

I’m so excited and am very happy with the results...

See pics of the journey:

1st day with locs

month 1
2moths before 1st twisting w/my sister at her grad party...whew it was grown out
  


6months into locs w/hubby in Chi-Town

wedding day 2months later...always wanted my hair in sometype of braiding style and I ended up with locs

Before a night out with locs 1st updo reppin my hubby work shirt
  

1year later



A few months ago



1year and 9moths later...can you tell the difference between the extensions and my hair???





starting the process

 


about half way done

finished result...all mine

another angle

back view



4 comments:

  1. Go head! I love it! And I love how you keep them up and styled... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely DARRRLLLING! Im soo excited for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair grew out super fast! It's great that your taking care of yourself inside out. Keep up the good work sis! BTW, pretty profile pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the journey, so cool to see it happen in person! Your hair looks so cute. Let me know when you put that minty stuff in your hair, you know how I love the smell of it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete