Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Where in the World is Carmen Sandigo - Here I am!

OMG I just looked at my last blog, I can't believe it’s been since Dec 28th since I blogged. I kept saying tomorrow, next day. But I am here at last and I just have had so much stuff I have wanted to share in the last 3months. The schedule is quite hectic. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Today's topic...my journey of health and weight loss.

For those of u that may or may not know. I have been working on weight lost but making sure my changes are not just a diet but a life style change. I have been trying to shed the freshman 30 pounds of my new marriage weight gain with little to no success. I would get burnt out, tired, and uninspired. One day at work I get an email from the job Wells Fargo Weight Watchers Meeting. Hmmm...I thought it’s about time I get up and do something about this once and for all! Talked it over with the spouse who is supportive of my goals and gave me the green light. A former coworker of mine also did the program with great success.

What's the program? More than a diet but it’s been a life style change! Like I said it’s been a while I have stories for days! How has my journey been so far...in a moment?

Weight Watchers is not like an addiction program, you don’t have to stand and talk, or say your problems you can be a mere listener. Me I talk too much...
Here is how it works: they give you a point system to follow based off age, sex, weight and height and then give you a point allowance. Hmmm a lot easier than counting calories. Also, I am not a paper person to track, but they have a cool online tool, kinda like a daily journal of what you’re eating. All fruits are free points, and all veggies but starchy ones are free. What I learned just from that lesson?!? I don’t eat enough fruit and veggies. So I went crazy start finding recipes, different ways to incorporate my eating to include the healthy choices. One of my fav's is a veggie soup takes 10-15mins to cook and absolutely delicious... (Recipes will also be posted soon), once again my husband is supportive.

Weekly we have meetings, weigh ins, and talk about pain points, how was your week, how can you improve, ways to spice up what you’re eating...really making this a life style. Funny people say it’s a good program because you can eat what you want. My take is no....you still have to make healthy choices to see long term benefits, not quick fix it diets, trends and fads. I like the meetings because it gives you accountability and also for you to know your never alone in journey's in life. what brought me to the meeting another person took a road to make a step to a life style change as well.

Like I said I just wanted to break the ice today. Show the world I am still here.
Oh how has the journey been? I signed up 1/5/2011 starting weight 169.8. My official start date once I learned to track was 1/25/2011 starting weight 170.8(yep I needed help) but since then I average the standard of 1-2pounds a week. With good lifestyle eating and exercise in 8weeks I have lost a total of 9pounds. Weight as of 3/23/2011 161.8 since my official start date. I have lost 5% of my starting weight. I am super proud of myself. Even the days I have been the hardest on myself.
Well weigh in is tomorrow.....whew and I was all over this weekend...so we’ll see what the results where and hit the reset button...

Next blogs...weigh in, and products, products, products (that my new addiction)!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the inspiration. I started WW many times since the early 60s. Just last week I decided to try again and be more focused. Pioneering in April, gives me the motivation to lose weight and get more energy among for this all important work during this special month of activity. Love you, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete